The Copper National Bank of East Ely, Nevada

The Copper National Bank of East Ely, Nevada

sideline_295

 

Charter: 9578

Year Opened: 1909

The last of the four White Pine County banking institutions to receive its national charter was The Copper National Bank of East Ely. In 1909 the Bank of Ely changed its name and became The Copper National Bank of East Ely. Like the other banks in the area it was a bank that came to exist thanks to the rich copper deposits all over the area. This bank took that a step further and added Copper to its title.

In 1925 Ely National Bank would purchase The Copper National Bank. Carson City and East Ely are the only two towns to issue only 1902 blue seals. Also of note, the two different presidents and cashiers all had ties to The McGill National Bank.

First President: William B. Thompson
First Cashier: A.P. Slichter

Other people associated with the bank: Arthur Smith, Herman Wise

Copper National Bank of East Ely

Rarity

Type

10

-

9

-

8

-

7

-

6

1902 Blue Seal

5

-

4

-

3

-

2

-

1

-

Rarity based on state
10 being rarest

Most currency from
Nevada can be rare.
Please
contact us
for our buying prices.